Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer is a coming

Well I have been busy sewing and thinking about summer clothes for the boys. Especially over the last few days as it has been about 24 degrees. Also we have a stack load of birthdays in September and October, so have been making pressies for everyone.
Here is an outfit for Charlie for Summer
I am loving my coverstitch machine at the moment it - just makes everything look so professional.



An outfit for one of Jack's wee friends 3rd birthday.


Nappies for Charlie - these are made from Minky and PUL film. Minky is the softest most divine fabric I have ever seen and felt. I used the PUL film one the inside to make them waterproof. Alot of people had been having trouble sewing the PUL film as it is just a thin layer of Polyurethane laminate. But I glued it to the Minky with a adhesive spray and overlocked together and had no issues what so ever sewing it.


Some normal nappies and some bibs for a friends baby who was born 5 weeks early.
Oh and an All black nappy for a nappy swap that o was a part of. And I got a large Minky desert camo nappy back.

All of the kids from our antenatal group are turning 3 so we have had heaps of birthday's - here is a barbie outfit for one of their pressiesAnd a skirt for Barbie - I used a barbie from when i was a kid to get the sizing right.

I also made these biscuit mixes and matching teatowels for Jack's preschool teachers when he left his preschool in Rangiora. I got the idea from this website - Bakerella

And some shorts for my nephew Riley's 1 st birthday.
And just cause I can and because they are so cute - a photo of the 4 boys together (our 2 and my brother Gary and Kerri's 2)

No comments: