Saturday, April 11, 2009

Finally some sewing finished

I feel like I have a million unfinished projects at the moment and so many more to do. I have 4 weeks until my due date and so much to do. But finally I have some finished. I did a swap with a friend on TNN. She sent me a merino gogo bag for the baby. So now I have 2 gogo bags - can wash 1 and still have one to use. I made her some clothes for her little girl, who is a little bit younger than Jack. So here they are a V neck argyle vest and long sleeved merino top and black trackpants made using a double sided polypropylene knit - so cosy and warm. I put little velvet flower iron ons on the trackpants and top. It was my first time using the grommets for the cord elastic but it was sooo easy to use and makes them look sooo much more professional. The trackpants pattern was one I invented myself ( I kinda morphed a couple of patterns together so hopefully it fits well) . It was also the first time I used a Guide foot on my coverstitch machine (thanks to Claire letting me borrow hers). It gave a much more professional finish and know I know I NEED to buy one. ;-) So i had to put a close up of the stitching and the grommets and cord elastic.

Also made a little bolero and pair of cord pants. I also found this funky elastic at Kutwells on my last trip and thought it was the perfect finish for the pants. I finished the bolero with a cute wee crocheted flower over the closure. Obviously it needs a top underneath too - but I don't really have girls tops to use for photos (only little boys clothes in this house)


My next projects to finish are nappies for the baby, Winter Pj's for Jack, trackpants and hoodie for Jack, bassinet blankets and hopefully a finished quilt some time soon.

No comments: