Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KCWC Day 2



I didn't have much of a chance to get much sewing done yesterday -
but I thought I'd share with you
the Heidi and Finn hoodie
that i made Jack a couple of weeks ago.

It's the first time I have made the Heidi and Finn Urban Hoodie pattern.
I LOVE the style but found that the sizing is really small and the arms are really
skinny. I had already been pre-warned about the sleeves so I cut them quite a
bit wider. I made Jack the size 5 -
he is 4 and it's quite short on him.
I will make another for Charlie and see how the size 3 is on him at just about 2.

I used some fire engine buttons made by a friend Nicci Buttons by benji.
They finish it off so beautifully - Nicci makes the most amazing buttons.
I have some Robot ones still to use and then have plans to get
some more especially some of her dinosaurs and i might need to
persuade her to make some helicopters for Charlie.

I made it with a lovely soft Charcoal coloured terry backed knit and a
red, black and grey striped lycra as the lining. I used a black ribbing on the sleeve
cuffs and the bottom cuff.
And of course buttons from buttons by benji.
It also has a gorgeous wee fire engine Applique on it - this is thanks to my lovely
friend Claire and her wonderful embroidery machine

No comments: